Listing our favorites here, just in case you are a parent reading this, make sure you try a few of these activities with your kids this rainy season!
1) Getting drenched in the rain- This is the best way to experience rain in its pure form! Once a while leave all the health worries behind and let the kids get drenched and experince the falling rain.
2) Rescuing earthworms: It is quite common to spot earthworms that crawl up the surface after rain, let your kids know these creatures are harmless and they could protect them from the world outside, by burying them back in the earth.
3) Making paper boats : This is the first craft project for every parent isn't it? Also no matter what age, you will always smile at the thought of a tiny paper boat sailing in the rainwater.
4) Jumping in the muddy puddles : Let the kids have the time of their life, while you are thinking about the messy clothes.
5) Playing in the wet mud : The wet mud after the rain is perfect for sensory play for kids, let their hands get dirty, join with them and teach them how to make their favourite objects using mud.
6) Eating corn / bhutta : Eating bhutta is healthy! Don’t throw away after eating, use it to play catch! Let the kids understand that happiness can be derived from nature in so many ways.
7) Dancing in the rain : How about throwing a dance party in the rain? The terrace is the ideal place for this, call all your child’s favourite friends, play their favourite music and see them dance and enjoy the rains!
8) Water wars: No serious war but this is serious business! The one who collects more water in his/her inverted umbrella gets to throw more on the opponent. It takes some time to fill enough water from the falling rain, but the wait is worth it!
9) Drawing on the glass : Believe it or not! Your kids may own as many drawing books but the fun of drawing on a misty glass is something else.
10) A walk in the rain: Trying to keep the umbrella in its place in the pouring rain is an adventure in itself! It gives the kids a sense of confidence to hold their own umbrella and walk down the pavement while it’s raining! Try it!
So don’t let a gloomy day dampen your mood! Head out and relive your childhood memories with your kids to enjoy the rainy season while it lasts.
If you liked these fun childhood monsoon activities you may also like the 10 best rainy day indoor activities to keep the kids entertained.