May 20 , 2021
Benefits of Reducing Screen Time Amongst Kids
The lockdowns in the country have resulted in an increase in screen time amongst kids across age groups.
With schools and after school classes shift to the online mode to continue the education and learning process for children, minimizing the screen-time seems to have emerged as a big challenge for parents.
Excess screen time can cause ill effects like dry eye syndrome , disturbed sleep, headaches, body ache, weight gain, decreased appetite,etc. Thus, parents have started bucketing activities into good screen time versus bad screen time.
While monitoring screen time and content don't immediately lead to changes, but over time, cutting down on screen time can benefit children in many ways:
1) Kids sleep more: Numerous studies have shown that blue light from a screen is harmful to natural sleep hormones and reduced screen time helps in reduced eyestrain.
2) Reducing screen time frees up more time for playing with friends and spending time with family.
3) Reduction in screen time can helps create more time for being physically active, reading, doing homework, thus helping children do better at school.
4) Reduced screen time leads to better focus: As per studies, children spending less time on screens were found to be more emotionally stable and were better at finishing tasks and making friends as compared to those who spent more hours of a day on screens (not including schoolwork).
5) Reducing screen time also leaves more time for children for free play & exploration! And what better way to spend screen –free playtime than with toys and games designed by Desi Toys!
Here are some wonderful engaging games that offer gadget-free fun and unlimited hours of fun! Shop online at www.desitoys.in
1) Jungle Bowling Game: A fun indoor game where the players roll the ball towards brightly coloured with the popular jungle animals. Order online now
2) Hopscotch: Kids can enjoy playing this popular outdoor game even at home! The smooth feel and the anti-skid bottom makes it safe for kids to jump and hop. The printed nylon mat can be easily rolled and comes with 2 playing coins
Bonus: It can also be used as floor mat for the kids' room!
3) Steam Boat: A simple toy that fascinates not just children but parents too! It is sheer joy & magical to watch the tiny tin boat/ Put put naav as it goes floating about. A wonderful toy to explain the working of a steam-powered locomotive. Add to cart now.
4) Cup & Gola: One of those games that children can play on their own without getting bored. Catching the ball in the cup requires a good amount of practice & hand-eye coordination. Play it as a team to make it more interesting, attaching winning points everytime the ball gets captured in the cup! Shop online now!
5) Spinning top: one of the oldest toy and one that is pure, nonstop, gadget-free fun age no bar! Buy it here.
Establish clear rules and limits for screen time for your children.
Indulge them in offline games, check out our entire collection of kids toys and games online at www.desitoys.in- Made In India toys, handcrafted in wood and inspired from traditional games & toys that you grew up playing with!